The Devamatha Province was established on March 2, 1953 and the Provincial House was formally inaugurated at St. Mary’s Monastery Elthuruth, on 25th March, the feast of the Annunciation, in the same year.
On January 1, 1954, the Provincial House was shifted to a house purchased at the northern outskirts of Thrissur town. Additional building and a church were built subsequently. The late Sri. C. A. Ouseph B. A., B. L., a prominent citizen of the locality, was of great help to procure such a place in Thrissur.
Though situated in a Hindu area this institution has been of much service to the Catholics in and around Thrissur through pastoral, social and educational activities.
© Copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved
Powered by Zixent Technologies